The included proprietary barrel nut for this S&W M&P15-22 free float handguard fits the following Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 models:
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 1
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 2
- S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- Performance Center S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- S&W M&P15-22 Pistol
The barrel nut can be installed with our 15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench or 1-1/4 open end wrench.
S&W M&P15-22 Free Float Handguard Features
- Ultra-lightweight, heavy-duty, T6 aluminum body.
- Anti-rotation built into the handguard.
- Magpul M-LOK modular locking accessory mounting system.
- Top Picatinny rail at the front and rear of the handguard.
- Barrel nut included.
- Handguard slides over barrel nut and is secured against the receiver using 3 screws and a special keeper.
- Tumble de-burred, bead blasted, acid etched, and then finished with MIL-SPEC hard coat anodizing.
- Length: 12.5″
- Internal Diameter: 1.36″
- Total Weight: 10.8 oz
Recommended tools for the barrel nut
- 1-1/4″ open end wrench
- Adjustable jaw wrench (AKA Crescent)
bfl (verified owner) –
Great upgrade for the 15-22. This handguard fits comfortably in your support hand unlike the standard quad rail. Quality parts at a reasonable price and fast shipping. Easy to install. The barrel nut wrench and barrel vice jaws are a must. I highly recommend this upgrade.