If your accuracy is starting to deviate or you’re getting a lot of “flyers”, tightening the S&W M&P15-22 barrel nut with this wrench can help too.
Using the Tacticool22 Barrel Nut Wrench and Tacticool22 Free-Float Handguard Converter together (sold separately or in kits), you can add free-floating handguards to your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 as well.
Features and Benefits
- The lugs are designed to fit snugly, with minimum movement, to keep the nut from getting damaged.
- The inside of the wrench will fit over most standard A1 and A2 flash hiders, as well as Yankee Hill and others.
- The outside of the wrench fits nicely inside the stock handguard.
- There are two wrench flats for a 15/16 open end wrench or crows foot wrench, if you want to use a torque wrench.
- This wrench will fit over most standard diameter muzzle devices, such as the A2 birdcage, but the barrel nut and handguard end cap will not. Therefore, you have to remove the muzzle device to remove the barrel nut and barrel.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Machined from the highest quality U.S. aluminum stock available.
CAUTION: Do NOT hold the rifle by the upper or lower receiver for doing any barrel work; only clamp onto the barrel. Otherwise you can mar your rifle. Our Tacticool22 Barrel Vise Jaws work great for holding your rifle in vise jaws.