The included proprietary barrel nut for this S&W M&P15-22 free float handguard fits the following Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 models:
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 1
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 2
- S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- Performance Center S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- S&W M&P15-22 Pistol
The barrel nut can be installed with a standard AR-15 armorer’s wrench or 1-1/4 open end wrench.
S&W M&P15-22 Free Float Handguard Features
- Ultra-lightweight, heavy-duty, T6 aluminum body.
- Anti-rotation built into the handguard.
- Magpul M-LOK modular locking accessory mounting system.
- Top Picatinny rail at the front and rear of the handguard.
- Barrel nut included.
- Handguard slides over barrel nut and is secured against the receiver using 3 screws and a special keeper.
- Tumble de-burred, bead blasted, acid etched, and then finished with MIL-SPEC hard coat anodizing.
- Length: 10″ (Identical to the factory plastic one)
- Internal Diameter: 1.36″
- Weight 6.5 oz. without anything
- Total Weight: 10.3 oz
- Tacticool22 Barrel Vise Jaws
- Tacticool22 S&W M&P15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench
- AR-15 Armorer’s Wrench
- 5/32 hex wrench
Recommended tools for the barrel nut
- 1-1/4″ open end wrench
- Adjustable jaw wrench (AKA Crescent)