The Tacticool22 Muzzle Protector for the non-threaded Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 easily attaches to the factory-finished plain muzzle or non-threaded barrel (since the factory also finishes the barrels with threads) with two set screws. The size and look is identical to the A2 birdcage flash hider/suppressor.
Note: This is NOT a flash hider. The slots do not go through to the bore, so the flash is not hidden or suppressed. There is no cooling or dispersing of the burning gases that exit the muzzle.
Muzzle Protector Features
- Flat black, hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum for years of trouble-free service.
- Held in place with two set screws that are flush when tightened.
- Less expensive than going to a machinist or gunsmith to thread your barrel.
- Install it yourself in seconds, and remove it just as quickly.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.