Using the S&W M&P 15-22 Breech Block Wrench by Tacticool22, you can:
- Tighten a loose barrel nut on the S&W M&P15-22 without having to clamp on the barrel. This is helpful if accuracy is starting to deviate or you’re getting a lot of “flyers.”
- Remove the factory barrel nut on the S&W M&P 15-22 to remove the barrel for a thorough cleaning.
- Replace the stock S&W M&P15-22 handguard with a free float or 2-piece handguard, when using the Tacticool22 Free Float Handguard Converter (sold separately or in kits) or one the Tacticool22 Aluminum Free Float Hand Guards built specifically for the 15-22.
CAUTION: Do NOT hold any 15-22 by the upper or lower receiver for doing any barrel work!!! DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
Only use our Breech Block Wrench for the pistol. Otherwise you can ruin your pistol.
You must use this tool gently. Tighten the barrel nut to no more than 20 Ft. Lbs. of torque. Or hand tight plus 1 “hour on a clock face” with a wrench on our barrel nut wrench.
Any tighter and you risk ruining things. If the feed ramp “jumps” out of the slot…you have tightened it way too much and we will not accept any responsibility for any damage to anything.
Our Tacticool22 Barrel Vise Jaws work great for holding your rifle in vise jaws when the hand guard is removed.
S&W M&P15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench Features
- The lugs of the Breech Block Wrench are designed to fit snugly on the S&W M&P15-22 breech block, with minimal movement.
- There is a cutout for the ejector bar
- The outside of the Breech Block Wrench fits nicely inside the stock S&W M&P15-22 upper.
- There are two wrench flats for use in a bench vise. Or 27/32 or 21mm open end wrench
- Can be used with ALL versions of the 15-22
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Machined from the highest quality U.S. aluminum stock available.