Drop-In Hand Guard Conversion
- Delta Ring Assembly – (Required) The Tacticool22 Delta Ring Assembly takes the place of your factory 15-22 barrel nut. This assembly includes 4 parts: 15-22 Barrel Nut, Delta Ring, Weld Spring, and Snap Ring.
- Professional Barrel Nut Wrench – (Highly Recommended) Used to quickly and easily remove the factory 15-22 barrel nut.
- Multi-Purpose Barrel Vise Jaws – (Highly Recommended) Holds the S&W M&P15-22 barrel securely when performing work on your firearm (never clamp the upper or you risk damaging it). Works on other firearms as well.
- 15-22 Fake Gas Block – Fake, non-functioning “gas block” made only to keep the 2 piece hand guard in place.
- 15-22 Picatinny Rail Fake Gas Block – Fake, non-functioning “gas block” made only to keep the hand guard in place.
- 15-22 A-2 Front Sight – A real “F” marked A-2 front sight made only to keep the hand guard in place and be a front sight.
- 15-22 Round Hand Guard Cap – A must have if you don’t want your hand guards to come apart.
Drop-In (2 piece) Hand guard Conversion Kit Features
- 15-22 Hand Guard Barrel Nut. Has the identical inside threads as the 15-22 Barrel nut
- Hard-coat anodized black to a Type III MIL-SPEC specification.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.
- Lifetime guarantee. If something fails, we’ll replace it
For complete instructions, see How to convert the S&W M&P15-22 to an M4 carbine style rifle.
- The hand guards need to be sourced from other retailers since there are so many styles.
- WARNING: DO NOT hold onto the upper when tightening or loosening the barrel nut because you risk damaging the upper. Purchase our 15-22 barrel nut wrench and barrel vise jaws.
Modified Barrel Nut only
The “modified” Barrel Nut requires the following permanent modifications of your upper
- Full removal of one tab (bottom)
- Partial or full removal of the other tab (top)
- See picture