The pictures are of our 3D printed prototypes
PLEASE BE AWARE… These will not ship until May 2021
The included proprietary barrel nut for this S&W M&P15-22 free float handguard fits the following Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 models:
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 1
- S&W M&P15-22 Gen 2
- S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- Performance Center S&W M&P15-22 Sport
- S&W M&P15-22 Pistol
The barrel nut can be installed with our 15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench or 1-1/4 open end wrench.
S&W M&P15-22 Free Float Handguard Features
- Hand stop built into the bottom
- Ultra-lightweight, heavy-duty, T6 aluminum body.
- Anti-rotation built into the handguard.
- MAGPUL M-LOK modular locking accessory mounting system.
- Top Picatinny rail at the front and rear of the handguard.
- Barrel nut included.
- Handguard slides over barrel nut and is secured against the receiver using 3 screws and a special keeper.
- Tumble de-burred, acid etched, and then finished with MIL-SPEC hard coat anodizing.
- Length: 6″ (1/2 Picatinny rail longer than the factory plastic one)
- Internal Diameter: 1.36″
- Weight 4.5 oz. without anything
- Total Weight: 8.3 Oz
Recommended tools for the upgrade
- Bench vise
- Tacticool22 Barrel Nut wrench for the 15-22
- Tacticool22 Breech Block Wrench (coming soon)
- Barrel Vise Jaws
- 5/32 Allen Wrench
- 1-1/4″ open end wrench
- Adjustable jaw wrench (AKA Crescent)